THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION AWARDS THE PROJECT LIFE + ZERO-HYTECHPARK, COORDINATED BY HYDROGEN FOUNDATION
The LIFE + ZERO HYTECHPARK project has been selected as one of the best Environmental projects evaluated by the European Commission during 2014. The award ceremony will be on June 4 in the city of Brussels.
In 2010 the LIFE + ZEROHYTECHPARK project coordinated by Aragon Hydrogen Foundation and the participating as partners Walqa Technology Park, the Technology Park of Andalusia and the Science and Technology Park of Bizkaia began, he has been awarded the prize to one the best projects LIFE + 2014 by the European Commission.
The LIFE + ZEROHYTECHPARK technology parks project seeks to achieve zero emissions by using renewable energy, sustainable mobility and energy efficiency measures applying to different buildings, disseminating the results to all stakeholders.
The main objectives that the project has achieved are: get a building with virtually zero CO2 emissions, promote sustainable mobility and disseminating technologies used both the general public and the scientific and industrial stakeholders in particular.
To reach are designed, simulated and implemented energy solutions in the headquarters of the Foundation for the Development of New Hydrogen Technologies in Aragon located in the Walqa Technology Park in Huesca building, whose results are extrapolated to other buildings in the complex technology, as well as other parks. Also in conjunction with the Walqa Technology Park, have developed actions to promote sustainable mobility of workers in the vicinity of the Technology Park.
The Foundation for the Development of New Hydrogen Technologies has extensive experience in the development of prototypes and innovations in the field of renewable energies and hydrogen technologies. Throughout the project, the Foundation has developed different solutions and related technologies, energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainable mobility based on hydrogen and fuel cells. Furthermore, through the demonstration activities of these solutions, it has been studied and commercially viable possibilities penetration in different markets.
Some of the milestones that have been achieved in the project are:
– Development of a solar thermal installation on the roof of the building Hydrogen Foundation for supporting the heating system.
– Analysis of improvement and analysis of the legislative framework for hydrogen refueling station Hydrogen Foundation in PT Walqa.
– Development of a novel hydrogen compression system using metal hydrides.
– Development of prototypes of sustainable mobility as electric bicycles and private vehicle segment B fuel cell powered by hydrogen.
– Development of elements of comprehensive electric mobility for logistics applications and urban environments as a portable pressure washer and forklift both fuel cell.
– Integration of fuel cell systems in residential environments, such as uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for the server room FHA, micro drive, network installation isolated fuel cell integrated photovoltaics and batteries, installation of consumption in the building FHA and fuel cells connected to consumption of the building.
The ZeroHyTechPark (LIFE08 ENV / E / 000136) project had a budget of € 1.4 million funded 50% by the European Union