The main project objectives are:
- Achieving a building with virtually no CO2 emissions.
- Promoting sustainable mobility.
- Disseminating the technologies used to the general public and interested scientific and industrial sectors in particular.
This will be achieved by designing, simulating and starting up energy solutions in the headquarters building for the Development of New Hydrogen Technologies in Aragon, located in Walqa Technology Park in Huesca, whose results can be extrapolated to the rest of the buildings in the technology complex, as well as to other parks.
The specific objectives are:
- Definition of the most suitable solutions for the integration and start-up of sustainable energy technologies in both the Hydrogen Foundation building and Walqa Technology Park
- Design of a complete energy accumulation system with hydrogen generated using renewable energies.
- Integration of fuel cells in the Foundation’s building to decrease dependence on fossil fuels
- Applications for transport in Walqa Technology Park based on hydrogen-fuelled vehicles with zero emissions
- Cogeneration system based on hydrogen technologies and connection with the Foundation building’s heating system.
- Energy supply system based on fuel cells to meet the Foundation building’s energy demands at night.
- Development of an optimal photovoltaic energy and hydrogen system to meet the building’s requirements during the day.
- Extrapolation of the project results to other technology parks.
- Widespread dissemination of the project in Spain and abroad.